Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Things that make me smile

The first week of 2014 has been a cold one! Its been like -3 in the morning here in Colorado the last few days which has allowed us to stay inside, curled up by the fire and live in our PJ's all day. Brantley is unsure about the snow, he just stares at it out the window. Simple things like this make me smile!


You know what else makes me smile, making new wreaths for my door. I know, it seems silly but I always look at people's doors when B and I take walks and it always amazes me how many people don't do wreaths anymore. I decided that my January wreath needed to be pretty simple as I didn't want it to conflict with our other outdoor furniture. It was a simple burlap wreath that I just added a chevron bow to. Took about 30 minutes from start to finish!


Is anyone else excited for Valentines day? Um I have already started looking at Gap and Old Navy's sale stuff and not to mention PBK's adorable line of goodies for the kids! Here's some of my favs! I also love looking on ETSY to find the best local shops that have Valentines day stuff! Some of my favorite shops are yellow bird yellow beard, project paper, and Bubby Bear Blankets. They are always so nice and willing to customize things for you!






How adorable are the little chair envelopes! I must get them for the boys! What are some of the things you do for Valentines Day? Happy Tuesday! And just in case you're having a bad day.....





No comments: