Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Happy December!

It is officially December and the start to my absolute favorite time of the year! I feel like it comes and goes so quickly so I try to hold on it each day and do fun things with the kids everyday! So far on our list is making snowman cupcakes, handprint wreaths and holly treats! I spent the day after thanksgiving taking down the fall decor and putting up all of the Christmas decor! I added a few new things to my collection and updated our ornaments. I also did almost all of my Christmas shopping in Friday.....online! I will never be one of the people who will brave the crowds on Black Friday. It just doesn't appeal to. Me especially since most of the time the same offers are offered online with free shipping! I had so much fun setting up the tree with Caidan and Brantley this year. I am truly thankful for my kids and the fact that I get to spend this time with them!



This year I went with a more woodland and natural approach. I used gold and silver ornaments as well as the home made ones we made! The tree skirt is actually just a faux fur throw because I could not believe how expensive tree skirts are!



I used the tree trimmings all over the house because I could not throw them away! Plus they add to the wonderful smell in my home! Speaking of my home smelling wonderful, I have just been turned onto mrs Meyers cleaning products and I have to say that not only are they organic and made with natural products they have amazing scents like their holiday ones like Iowa pine and cranberry. Mine are on order because the store was sold out so I bought these!


Here is the rest of our home!

Signage from j and paper on etsy! She is an incredible chalk board artist and did these for Christmas!

Tassel garland from project paper on etsy. She offers many colors and styles and the shipping is so quick! I will def continue to support this shop!

Stocking and letter from target 
Handmade wreath by me! Message me if you would like one!

 
And of course the munchkin!


 
Hope you all have a fantastic start to the greatest time of year! 

Yes these are just one of my many pairs of Christmas socks!

And matching holiday glassware:)

No comments: