Thursday, November 7, 2013

DIY coat hanger

I have had this wall in my house that I could not figure out for the life of me what to do with it. It's too small to put a table and mirror, plus I have a table and mirror on a wall very close to that. And it's so close to the door that I couldn't even put a bench or coat tree without the door hitting it. Then it dawned on me, after visiting my local hobby lobby, and finding this coat rack that would fit perfectly on my wall only to find out that it was 49.99 on sale, I said, nope. I can make this myself. So with the help of my husband and a few swear words, we have a coat rack! 





 
Here's what you'll need:

1. A 1x6 board, mine was 4 ft in length
2. White paint or whatever color you want
3. Hooks, I choose bushed nickel to match our hardware 
4. Sanding blocks to sand the sides and corners
5. Drywall anchors and screws

I first sanded the board to make the edges more rounded and the surface smooth. I then added two coats of some leftover white paint we had from painting Brantley's room. We then secured the board to the wall using the drywall anchors and screws. Then we measured the hooks out every 8 inches and with a few screws, voila! I hung another wall vinyl decal above. 

No comments: