Monday, November 25, 2013

Thankful decor

As promised here is a sneak peek of some of the decor I plan to use for our thanksgiving table. I decided to go a rustic route instead of the traditional orange and red pumpkin one. I wanted there to be some golds, creams and browns as part of the design with a touch of rustic details from things you can find right in your backyard! We had a set budget and I am thrilled to say we came way under budget! 


Remember you don't have to use traditional "fall" decorations, I found most of mine in just the home part of my local hobby lobby. Plus they didn't have hardly any fall stuff left so I had to improvise! Use things that you are drawn to and that you could possibly use again for other holidays! I chose to use some wooden boxes that I know my mom can use for storage when she's done with them! Simple designs can go a long way!


I also plan on using some wonderful gold garland! It will bring a nice shimmer to the table! Stay tuned for the completed look! Happy (almost) turkey day!

No comments: